Here are some tips to get you back to that place:
- We need to be aware of slider foods. Slider foods are those foods that slip down into the pouch and feel good and then slip right on through leaving us hungry and with space for more. Some examples of slider foods are: potato chips, popcorn, crackers, cheese snacks, cookies, cakes, candy, chocolate and creamy desserts. They are not your friend.
- Get back to drinking plenty of water. Don’t mix your water with meals but make sure to hydrate between meals. Water keeps us feeling full and helps our bodies detox and cleanse.
- If you eat it or drink it, write it down in your food journal. This helps us to stay accountable. It is a very valuable tool to keep us on track. Take a moment and be accountable.
- Go to bed an hour earlier. Turn off the devices, read a book and slow down to get the zzz’s you so need. Sleep is the cheapest medicine so take advantage of it and help your body heal itself with sleep.
- Eat protein first and leave the refined carbs for last.
- Mind your portions and don’t step away from the table with that “I’ve overdone it” feeling.
About the Author: Sheri Burke is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and Bariatric Coordinator at International Patient Facilitators in Tijuana and Cancun, Mexico. She has worked with bariatric surgery clients for 10 years and especially enjoys providing nutritional guidance to pre and post bariatric clients. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her husband and two teens and cooking up a nutritional storm in her kitchen.
If you have a re-gain or a stall, you can reach out to the “Bariatric Food Experts” for the Bariatric Reset Program.
Time for a “bariatric expert” multivitamin ? Here is a perfect way for bariatric patients to get it now on Amazon: Bariatric Expert MultiVitamins
Eat Like a Bariatric Expert with our Nutrition Plans.
Feel free to share your victories and struggles in our Facebook Group. I would love to connect with you.
Stay motivated with Bariatric Wristbands – post your results online !